Guidelines for submissions to our Opinions page
If you have an opinion that you want to share with visitors to our website site please adhere to the following:
- All submissions must be in digital form.
- Send your submission to us as an email attachment. Prior to sending your file and attachment, send us a separate email letting us know you are planning to send something for inclusion on the website. When we reply, send the attachment as part of your reply to our email. Sounds awkward but this helps use ensure that any attachment is expected and valid.
- Before submitting an item, send us a sample file as an email attachment so we can be sure that the format is one we can read..For example, an Apple-produced .PAGES file is unreadable on a non-Apple system. We can read Microsoft Word files, however, from either a Mac or Windows PC. Saving and sending your submission as a Rich Text document also works well.
- If you include any referenced information, such as quotes, excerpts, statistics,, please properly attribute it to the source.
- We reserve the right to not publish any work if in our opinion the content is irrelevant, inflammatory, or offensive. If we make this judgement, we will inform you of our decision.
- You must include contact information with an email address and phone number so we can reach you if we have any questions about your work.
- Your work doesn’t need to start with “Dear Editor.” We mention the format because you can write as if your work is a letter to the editor.
- There is no limit on the number of words you submit; no word count limits.