Wait, didn’t Gov. Evers say during his campaign for governor that he would withdraw the suit if he won. Didn’t he say he would direct new Attorney General Josh Kaul to do so. Yup, he did, but he apparently did not discuss this with Kaul. And Kaul has told Evers that the set of laws passed by the GOP during its infamous lame-duck session in December doesn’t allow Evers or Kaul to withdraw the state from the lawsuit. Only the a committee controlled by the Republican state legislature has the power to withdraw the suit.
- Judge Neubauer confirmed for November Green Lake County Dems & Friends meeting
- 6th CD DEM candidates Matt Boor and Jessica King spoke at annual JFK dinner
- How is it that politics has become our identity? Why do we have so much polarization in our society? Ripon College professor will explain at Oct. 7 Dems & Friends meeting
- Read the full whistleblower complaint
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Rebecca Dallet endorses Judge Karofsky for seat on the state’s top court