Wait, didn’t Gov. Evers say during his campaign for governor that he would withdraw the suit if he won. Didn’t he say he would direct new Attorney General Josh Kaul to do so. Yup, he did, but he apparently did not discuss this with Kaul. And Kaul has told Evers that the set of laws passed by the GOP during its infamous lame-duck session in December doesn’t allow Evers or Kaul to withdraw the state from the lawsuit. Only the a committee controlled by the Republican state legislature has the power to withdraw the suit.
- Former MoveOn.Org director and Madison native Ben Wikler selected to head Wisconsin Dems
- Marquette University Law School Professor Ed Fallone seeks Wisconsin Supreme Court Seat now held by Judge Dan Kelly
- Judge Jill Karofsky enters Wisconsin State Supreme Court race
- Green Lake County Dems & Friends were upfront and visible at the June 8 Dairy Days parade in Markesan
- Learn how Green Lake Association leads fight to save ‘impaired’ Green Lake at May 4 Green Lake County Dems & Friends meeting