Wait, didn’t Gov. Evers say during his campaign for governor that he would withdraw the suit if he won. Didn’t he say he would direct new Attorney General Josh Kaul to do so. Yup, he did, but he apparently did not discuss this with Kaul. And Kaul has told Evers that the set of laws passed by the GOP during its infamous lame-duck session in December doesn’t allow Evers or Kaul to withdraw the state from the lawsuit. Only the a committee controlled by the Republican state legislature has the power to withdraw the suit.
- PARTY TIME: Join us on Sunday, Sept. 8 for a Green Lake County Dems & Friends picnic
- OPINION: Democratic Party presidential candidate Cory Booker is the real deal
- Health Care and the Environment finish as the top issues of concern
- Health Care gets most votes Saturday during our top issues poll at fair
- Health care is Friday leader in Green Lake County Dems’ poll of fairgoers