Wait, didn’t Gov. Evers say during his campaign for governor that he would withdraw the suit if he won. Didn’t he say he would direct new Attorney General Josh Kaul to do so. Yup, he did, but he apparently did not discuss this with Kaul. And Kaul has told Evers that the set of laws passed by the GOP during its infamous lame-duck session in December doesn’t allow Evers or Kaul to withdraw the state from the lawsuit. Only the a committee controlled by the Republican state legislature has the power to withdraw the suit.
- Luther Olsen changes his tune: Wisconsin should consider Medicaid expansion
- Green Lake County Dems & Friends hold virtual and in-person monthly meeting in July
- Did the U.S. Supreme Court just open the door a tiny bit for the advent of a National Popular Vote?
- View Jessica King interview from WisEye
- No fireworks as Dems seeking to unseat Rep. Grothman show unity on most issues at LWV candidates forum