Wait, didn’t Gov. Evers say during his campaign for governor that he would withdraw the suit if he won. Didn’t he say he would direct new Attorney General Josh Kaul to do so. Yup, he did, but he apparently did not discuss this with Kaul. And Kaul has told Evers that the set of laws passed by the GOP during its infamous lame-duck session in December doesn’t allow Evers or Kaul to withdraw the state from the lawsuit. Only the a committee controlled by the Republican state legislature has the power to withdraw the suit.
- Learn how Green Lake Association leads fight to save ‘impaired’ Green Lake at May 4 Green Lake County Dems & Friends meeting
- Brian Hagedorn. Lisa Neubauer’s opponent in April 2 election for State Supreme Court, appearing at Ripon College on Monday, March 11.
- Gov. Evers says property tax bills should show funds diverted to voucher schools
- Gov. Evers seeks freeze on enrollment in private voucher schools, suspend charter school expansion
- Republicans attack Evers’ decision to bring home National Guard troops stationed at southern border