.While the GOP and its minions, including those in Wisconsin, continue to promote fossil fuels and deny the impact of climate change, Germany is assuming a leadership position vacated by the United States. Germany has announced it will move to shut down all of its coal-fired power plants by 2038 as part of the country’s commitment to renewable energy. The move was announced by a government-appointed commission, which is proposing $45 billion to assist regions most affected by the closure of the coal plants. Germany is also on track to close down all of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Renewables made up over 40 percent of the energy supplied in Germany last year, surpassing coal for the very first time.
- Brian Hagedorn. Lisa Neubauer’s opponent in April 2 election for State Supreme Court, appearing at Ripon College on Monday, March 11.
- Gov. Evers says property tax bills should show funds diverted to voucher schools
- Gov. Evers seeks freeze on enrollment in private voucher schools, suspend charter school expansion
- Republicans attack Evers’ decision to bring home National Guard troops stationed at southern border
- In response to study, Gov. Evers hopes to provide municipalities with more state aid