.While the GOP and its minions, including those in Wisconsin, continue to promote fossil fuels and deny the impact of climate change, Germany is assuming a leadership position vacated by the United States. Germany has announced it will move to shut down all of its coal-fired power plants by 2038 as part of the country’s commitment to renewable energy. The move was announced by a government-appointed commission, which is proposing $45 billion to assist regions most affected by the closure of the coal plants. Germany is also on track to close down all of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Renewables made up over 40 percent of the energy supplied in Germany last year, surpassing coal for the very first time.
- Luther Olsen changes his tune: Wisconsin should consider Medicaid expansion
- Green Lake County Dems & Friends hold virtual and in-person monthly meeting in July
- Did the U.S. Supreme Court just open the door a tiny bit for the advent of a National Popular Vote?
- View Jessica King interview from WisEye
- No fireworks as Dems seeking to unseat Rep. Grothman show unity on most issues at LWV candidates forum