.While the GOP and its minions, including those in Wisconsin, continue to promote fossil fuels and deny the impact of climate change, Germany is assuming a leadership position vacated by the United States. Germany has announced it will move to shut down all of its coal-fired power plants by 2038 as part of the country’s commitment to renewable energy. The move was announced by a government-appointed commission, which is proposing $45 billion to assist regions most affected by the closure of the coal plants. Germany is also on track to close down all of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Renewables made up over 40 percent of the energy supplied in Germany last year, surpassing coal for the very first time.
- PARTY TIME: Join us on Sunday, Sept. 8 for a Green Lake County Dems & Friends picnic
- OPINION: Democratic Party presidential candidate Cory Booker is the real deal
- Health Care and the Environment finish as the top issues of concern
- Health Care gets most votes Saturday during our top issues poll at fair
- Health care is Friday leader in Green Lake County Dems’ poll of fairgoers