.While the GOP and its minions, including those in Wisconsin, continue to promote fossil fuels and deny the impact of climate change, Germany is assuming a leadership position vacated by the United States. Germany has announced it will move to shut down all of its coal-fired power plants by 2038 as part of the country’s commitment to renewable energy. The move was announced by a government-appointed commission, which is proposing $45 billion to assist regions most affected by the closure of the coal plants. Germany is also on track to close down all of its nuclear power plants by 2022. Renewables made up over 40 percent of the energy supplied in Germany last year, surpassing coal for the very first time.
- Former MoveOn.Org director and Madison native Ben Wikler selected to head Wisconsin Dems
- Marquette University Law School Professor Ed Fallone seeks Wisconsin Supreme Court Seat now held by Judge Dan Kelly
- Judge Jill Karofsky enters Wisconsin State Supreme Court race
- Green Lake County Dems & Friends were upfront and visible at the June 8 Dairy Days parade in Markesan
- Learn how Green Lake Association leads fight to save ‘impaired’ Green Lake at May 4 Green Lake County Dems & Friends meeting